Lapbooking

Oh my goodness - how I LOVE spring break!!!  The school break is great, don't get me wrong ... but I think what I'm enjoying most is the break from my girls' extra-curricular activities.  I have two little dancers and one soccer superstar ... and they keep us RUNNING!!!  For the first time in a LONG time, we had NO activities this weekend ... which equals sleeping in ... which equals heaven to me.  :)

So, with the extra time I've found plus two very rainy days (not complaining - hoping that rain melts some of this snow mountain around me) it gave me the time I needed to finish a couple of projects I've been working on.

Provinces and Territories Project
I've been working on a Canadian Lapbook Project.  My class LOVES making lapbooks in our science units, so I thought I'd create one for Social Studies.  Provinces and Territories is actually taught in grade 4 in my province, but it's a unit I always review in my class at the beginning of the year because it's SO important to me that the students know all about their country.  This lapbook has the students naming the province and territory capitals, population, major lakes and rivers, and exports and imports.  They also research natural resources and physical regions of Canada.  You can click on any of the pictures to preview this product. 

Provinces and Territories Project

Provinces and Territories Project



US States Project
I had SO much fun creating the Canadian project, and had such a great reaction from my daughters (who insisted on helping me with the cutting), I decided to create a similar one for the United States.  I quickly realized that with 50 states, this was going to be a MUCH bigger lapbook.  This lapbook is actually 6 pages (2 file folders).  Students will study the state abbreviations, capital cities, state population, date it entered the union, imports and exports, and major lakes and rivers.  They will also research famous Americans, natural resources, famous landmarks, climate, highest peaks, and more.  It would make an impressive project to display and then send home to the parents!  Again, you can click on any of the pictures to preview this product.

US States Project

US States Project

US States Project

US States Project

US States Project

To celebrate Spring Break, I'm going to giveaway FIVE of these resources.  Just leave a comment below stating which one you could use and I'll use the random number generator to choose 5 different names tomorrow.  Check back tomorrow evening to see the winners.

Happy Monday!!

Jen

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter