Thanksgiving Place Setting Treats

Last year we celebrated Thanksgiving with my husband's family at his aunt's house. She gave us the assignment of making the name cards for the place settings. This was the first time I'd ever been put in charge of these for Thanksgiving and I was so excited about it. I decided to go on the hunt for the perfect idea and ended up landing on these super cute Thanksgiving Place Setting Treats. I loved how they looked like little corn husks!

I found this idea over at Craft Lovin' Mama. She has AWESOME step-by-step instructions and photos to guide you through making these cute little treats.








Here's what you need to get started!
  • disposable plastic icing bags (I used Wilton)
  • wood craft circles - about 1 1/4 inch in diameter
  • heavy duty double sided crafting tape
  • scissors
  • floral wire (preferably tan, but I used green because that's all they had at the store)
  • wire snips
  • raffia
  • Reese's Pieces or fall colored M&M's
  • card stock and white paper to make the name tags

Ok, now the reason I have put something in bold up there. I bought the double sided tape and it DID NOT WORK for this project. I don't know if we just weren't doing that step right, but I really don't recommend using it by itself. Use the tape to tape down the icing bag (as you'll see in the instructions), then use a glue gun to glue another wood circle on.
 
After each place setting was made, I made name cards for each person coming for Thanksgiving. There were a little over 20 people. I designed the actual card (seen above), then opened it in Photoshop to add each name and save as separate .jpg files. Then I printed them in Microsoft Word on printer paper and glued them to brown card stock. They turned out really cute. Here's what mine looked like:


 Each name looked so cute on the cards!



Want to use this name card with your place settings? Just click on it to open it larger, then right click and hit "save image as". It will be saved as a .jpg file on your computer to add names in Photoshop, or to write names with marker after printing.

Click here to find the instructions on how to make these 
super cute Thanksgiving Place Setting Treats! 

Linking up here:
Flamingo Toes  

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter