Character ROCKS!

One of my readers gave me the best idea of what to do with my "plethora of pebbles".  She suggested I make character rocks - get it ... Character ROCKS!  LOVE the idea!!!  I'm going to tie it into our character education program, and our bucket filling.  I'm so excited about this idea.  Last night I made my first Vistaprint order - I ordered business cards with the saying "Character ROCKS" at the top.  Underneath it says, "______________(name) demonstrated _______________(character trait) because ...
I spent the afternoon writing our character traits onto the rocks with a sharpie.  The students will choose an appropriate rock from the bucket, fill out the card, and glue the rock to the corner of the card.  I will have another bucket beside the rock bucket, and they will fill this bucket with the completed "Character ROCKS" cards.  I will hand out the completed cards at the end of the week, or month ... or as the bucket fills up.  The two buckets and box of cards will be set up on a shelf underneath my character education bulletin board.  I'll post pictures when I get it all set up ... but since I have 5 more weeks of summer, I'm not in a hurry to get back into the classroom.  ;)
Thanks for a great idea, Barbara - your helpfulness filled my bucket!

Happy Wednesday!!!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter