S'more Bars

When it rains it s'mores! (That was bad.) Seriously though, I am loving the idea of making anything into a s'more. First there were S'more Cookies, which are a big hit at every party I've brought them to. And now I bring you S'more Bars. These are de-vine.

I recently brought these to a party on my husband's side of the family and they were de-voured. I guess because everyone thought they were de-licious. (Ok, I'm done with the "de".) Every other person at the party was asking about these lovelies and what they are. They knew they were eating a s'more, but it had a taste that was on a much grander s'more scale. It's that dough, I tell you. It's probably the best dough I've ever eaten right off the beater.

These have made the cut for one of my all-time favorite desserts. They're THAT good! You will not be disappointed, I can promise you that.

NOTE: I made these S'more Bars in a larger pan, a 2.2 quart glass pan-the one that looks like a mini 9x13-so I ended up one and a halfing the recipe. For example, instead of 1/2 c. butter I used 1/2 c. plus 1/4 c. butter. The second measurements in bold are the extra measurements you will use if you ever decide to one and a half the recipe.

S'more Bars
Lovin' from the Oven
  • 1/2 c. butter, room temperature (plus 1/4 c.)
  • 1/4 c. brown sugar (plus 1/8 c.)
  • 1/2 c. sugar (plus 1/4 c.)
  • 1 large egg (plus 1 egg)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract (plus 1/2 tsp.)
  • 1 1/3 c. flour (plus 1/2 c. and...whatever half of 1/3 c. is!)
  • 3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs (It ends up being about 4 crackers pulsed in a food processor or chopper.) - (plus 2 crackers)
  • 1 tsp. baking powder (plus 1/2 tsp.)
  • 1/4 tsp. salt (plus 1/8 tsp.)
  • 3 king sized or regular sized Hershey bars (Depending on how thick you want the chocolate to be. I used king size, of course. More chocolate? Yes, please.) - (plus 2 candy bars)
  • 1 - 7 oz. jar (or around there) marshmallow cream/fluff (This will be plenty of marshmallow for one and a halfing the recipe!)

Directions

Begin by greasing an 8-inch pan (or whatever size you're using) and preheating the oven to 350 degrees.

Cream together butter and sugar in your stand mixer until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla.


In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt.


Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix on low speed till combined.


Do you see how deliciously fabulous this dough looks? This is the part where you dig in for a taste. It is SO good!!


Divide the dough in half, spreading half of it on the bottom of your pan and leaving the rest in the fridge for later use.


This is my favorite step!
Place the chocolate bars on the dough. You may need to break the pieces up to get them to fit on the pan. (See the pieces on the far right going the opposite direction? They're the ones I broke up.)


Spread the marshmallow cream or fluff over the chocolate.


Then place the remaining dough in a single layer on top of the marshmallow.
This was a little tricky, so I took out a piece of parchment paper and shaped the dough into what I thought would fit right on top of the marshmallow. I turned it upside down and placed the dough on, peeling the parchment paper off the dough. Or you can carefully pick up the dough from the parchment paper and set it on.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (I bake it for 30 in my oven) or until the top is lightly brown. Make sure they cool COMPLETELY before you cut into them. They can be a total mess if you don't let them cool. A delicious mess, but a mess. I recommend baking them the night before you need them so you can be sure they're completely cool.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter