{Copycat Recipe} Chili's Skillet Queso

We had such an amazing weekend! I love the Fourth of July and the great feeling I get every year on that day. I especially feel grateful that we get to spend it with family every year. This year Tyson's youngest brother and oldest sister came from out of town, so naturally we partied for days straight. It was full of fun, lots of food, and even more laughs. We loved every minute of it! And I hope you enjoyed your weekend as well!

It seems that whenever I go to Chili's no matter who I'm with there's always someone who orders the Skillet Queso. It would almost be wrong if this yummy appetizer didn't make it to the table. I don't even like the thought of that. Chili's without Skillet Queso? {shudder} I don't think so.

Luckily I can make this at home whenever I feel the need for its creamy goodness. With only two ingredients it is a definite winner at our house all around! Serve this at a party, at dinner, or for a a munchy night. No matter where it shows up it will be a favorite! PS Thanks to the Chili's website for the picture!

This recipe comes to us from copykat.com.

Ingredients (12 - 16 servings)
  • 1 block Kraft Velveeta cheese (2 lb)
  • 2 cans Hormel no bean chili
Directions

You have two options:

1) Throw everything in a crockpot and let it heat for 3 hours until everything is melted.
2) Throw everything in a blender, mix it together, then put it in the crockpot to heat. Making it this way will make the texture of the Chili's Skillet Queso.

Serve with tortilla chips.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter