Candy Cane Blossoms

 photo candycane_blossoms_zpsf287ab05.jpg


When my dear friend, Erin, told me last week that she wanted us over for games on Saturday night, I was so excited. First of all, game nights with friends are always a blast! Especially with these friends. I always find myself laughing hysterically all night, and continuing the laughing as my husband and I drive home and talk about the evening. Secondly, game nights give me an excuse to make some food to bring! Erin wanted me to bring some kind of treat over so I was really excited to get the chance to try out one of the many Christmas treats I've been dying to make.

I saw these Candy Cane Blossoms on good old Pinterest and thought this game night would be a good event to make these. The kids were all there as well, and we all know how kids and cookies go together! (Heck, we all know how HUSBANDS and cookies go together, but that's a whole other story.) On Saturday morning, my husband went in to town while my two year old and I went to work on these cookies. He loved whisking the dry ingredients. He's such a good little helper! (I'd love to be the mom that teaches her kids how to bake then ends up being the best chocolate chip cookie baker in the neighborhood. Yes, this is a goal of mine.)

When it got time to roll the cookie dough balls into the sugar and sprinkles I decided to just let him watch. And he was just as happy to watch as he would have been to help! He was fascinated. These cookies really were fun to make with him and I plan to make them again for a family party at the end of the month. They're easy and they just look so darn cute.


Candy Cane Blossoms
Hershey's
makes about 3 dozen cookies
  • 1 bag Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses
  • 1/2 c. butter, softened (It's important that the butter is softened!)
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 2 c. all purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 Tbsp milk
  • green and red colored sugar (These can be purchased at most grocery stores in the baking aisle with all the sprinkles. I also used some holiday sprinkles just to mix it up a bit!)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the wrappers from 36 Kisses. (That's 36-ish. This will all depend on how big you roll the dough balls.)

Beat the butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg in your stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl until well blended. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add a little of the dry mixture to the butter mixture, then put one of the tablespoons of milk in and mix. Then add more flour mixture and mix, and the last tablespoon of milk and mix. Add the remaining flour mixture, if any. (Alternating the milk and the flour mixture will make a better dough and it won't dry out.)

Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in the different sugars and/or sprinkles and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and the cookie is set. Remove from the oven and cool for 2-3 minutes. Then press a Kiss into each cookie. Remove the cookies from the cookie sheet to a wire rack and allow to cool completely. (However, I understand completely if you feel the need to test one or two before they cool. Just be warned that the melted chocolate pretty much goes everywhere when you bite into it. I couldn't wait to try these either!) 


_______________________________________________________

And if you haven't already, be sure to enter the giveaway for a $50 Williams-Sonoma gift card and Mrs. Smith's pie! Click on the "Giveaways" link above to be directed to the Williams-Sonoma/Mrs. Smith's giveaway.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter