Weekend Project - Branch Chandelier

Photo: Per Magnus Persson for Elle Decoration S.A. (Home of Swedish stylist of Jimmy Schönning)
I'm not a chandelier person, but I do like a fun makeshift DIY chandelier when I see one and especially so if it looks something like this one (above) spotted in Elle Decoration South Africa (Oct/Nov '12 issue) this week. Fashioned by Swedish stylist Jimmy Schonning using three rough birch branches entwined with a string of incandescent bulbs, the idea looks fairly simple to create and a fun weekend project (including the foraging of fallen branches). Apparantly you can get these type of string lights at Target (thanks Andrea), but I couldn't find any there online.  Here's a link to a set through PartyLights.com or if any of you know of a good source, feel free to leave a comment!  (I picked up my digital issue of Elle Decoration S.A. on Zinio). Happy Weekend!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter