Halloween Crafts and Games for the Kids

Here at our house we've had the air conditioner ready to click on as soon as it gets just too warm in our house. Yes, we're still running the AC in northern Utah in October. Our house tends to get really warm where we all sleep on the second level.

On Wednesday night my husband and I woke up at the same time because we were FREEZING. It was ridiculously cold and we were so shocked at how drastically the temperature changed. We each went in to one of the kids' rooms to make sure they were warm and added extra blankets where necessary. The fans in their rooms were quickly shut off (as was ours) and the thermostat was changed to have the heat click on for when it got too cold. Wow, talk about a day and night difference in temperature out of nowhere!

I woke up this morning, still chilled, and came downstairs to see what the temperature was currently. It was 70 degrees and felt much better than it did in the early morning when we woke up cold. (I hate to think of what the temp was then!!) Then I realized that the nice, summery days were quickly coming to an end and it would soon be time for my two year old to have to stay stuck in the house. This made me think that I need to come up with a game plan for what we're going to do when we're all of a sudden held up inside.

October is my favorite month for many reasons. Halloween is especially fun, and I was really excited to come across on Pinterest all kinds of fun Halloween crafts for kids! Today's post is dedicated to the kids, whether they're stuck indoors from the cold weather outside, or they just want to do a fun Halloween craft. I have a feeling we're going to have a bunch of cold days so I want to be prepared to entertain! I hope you find something from this list that will work for your kids. I'm excited to try as many of these out as I can!

(These ideas are also great for a school Halloween party or a Halloween party at home!)


FREE Halloween Bingo! Printable @ Makoodle


 And another Bingo! card option!
These cards are FREE and from The Crafting Chicks.


Toilet Paper Pumpkins and Ghost Pops @ One Charming Party


 Halloween Finger Puppets @ Be Different Act Normal


"Roll a Pumpkin" Game (including FREE printable) @  
This game would also work great for Thanksgiving!


Hanging Ghosts & Hand Print Spiders (below) @  


Halloween Scavenger Hunt @ Prepared Not Scared!


Fuzzy Spider Craft @ Supermom Moments


And in case the kids get hungry, this list is full of fun Halloween snacks and treats they'll love to help make!
40 Easy Halloween Recipes @ The Miracle Momma

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter