Apricot Chicken {Crock Pot}

This is another of the many chicken dishes we've tried in the last few weeks. It's easy, it's yummy, and the whole family loved it. My favorite meals are good meals that come together easily. I love being able to throw dinner in my crock pot then "set it and forget it!" (Oh wait, that's the Ronco Rotisserie ad. Remember that infomercial? ha ha I guess that saying works for a crock pot too!) This was my first time ever using apricot preserves in cooking and I loved it. It's a great way to add sweetness without having to pour a whole bunch of sweet stuff in. I hope you enjoy this dinner as much as we did!

Apricot Chicken {Crock Pot}
Six Sisters Stuff
makes 6 servings (There are only 2 adults and a toddler who eat dinner at our house so we end up cutting most recipes in half. This was an easy one to split in half! I was grateful for that. Less math! ha ha)
  • 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
  • 1 1/2 c. apricot preserves
  • 1 c. Russian dressing (I could only find Wishbone brand so that's what I used!)
  • 1 envelope dry onion soup mix

Mix together the preserves, dressing, and soup mix in a bowl. Place the chicken in the bottom of the crock pot and pour the preserves mixture over top. Cook on low for 3-4 hours. (Original recipe says to cook on high for 1 hour before cooking on low. I prefer to do all crock pot cooking on low. "Low and slow!" It makes everything super moist without drying it out.)

Cut the chicken up into pieces and serve over rice. Or keep the chicken breasts in full and serve with side dishes, as seen above. Enjoy!


And don't forget to enter the fun giveaway going on right now! Enter to win a wipes case from Custom Cutie Wipes Cases. 
Two winners!! 
Click here to enter.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter