Friday Art Feature - What's In A Name?

We're continuing with our study with lines and designs and colour in our art classes.  This week we used our names as our central image.  Students started by drawing a large diamond on their pages, then wrote their names in block letters inside the diamond.  They had to fill in each letter with a pattern in a different colour, then fill in the background of the diamond with coloured designs.  The rest of the page was filled with black and white line designs - specifically the sunburst pattern.  I LOVE the pop of colour in the middle of each page.  And the best part was that the intricate patterns kept the students busy enough that I could get in some of my diagnostic reading tests and the students were quiet and engaged!

Because we're pairing each art project we do with a poem this year, we completed simple acrostic poems using our names.  I asked the students to come up with phrases for each letter (instead of just one word) and to make the last two lines rhyme (a rhyming couplet).  We published our poems on the computer and printed them out on some special computer paper I bought for our published poems this year (I included the link below).


I got started on our bulletin board after school - instead of putting these up on our "smART class" bulletin boards, I decided to share these works of art on our large bulletin board outside the classroom so everyone can enjoy!  Can't wait until everybody finishes on Monday!!!

Happy Friday!!!  Hope you all have a FANTASTIC weekend!!!







Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter