American Tacos

Growing up my mom was a pro at making kid-friendly dinners. She had quite the list of ideas for dinners that made everybody happy. One of my favorite meals growing up was American Tacos. I loved the idea of building my own dinner all by myself, plus the added bonus of it tasting amazing. I make these for my little family and they're a big hit. Thanks, Mom!

I spent the weekend with my family in Idaho at my grandparents' cabin and we had these for dinner the first night. I loved eating this with my family, just like when we were kids! Awesome weekend.


American Tacos
(This is a list of the ingredients used for American Tacos. Depending on how many you're feeding will determine how much of each you need. For my husband and toddler, we buy one of each item. And don't feel limited to just these ingredients! You can add all kinds of toppings to these tacos.)
  • Fritos corn chips (My mom likes hers with Nacho Cheese Doritos, too.)
  • canned or homemade chili, prepared and hot
  • cheddar cheese, grated
  • salsa
  • fresh tomato, diced
  • lettuce, shredded
  • ketchup

Place a pile of Fritos right in the middle of a plate. Then pour chili right over top of the chips. Top with a little grated cheese, shredded lettuce, tomato, and salsa. Some of my family also likes to squirt some ketchup on top. And that's it! So yummy and so easy.


And don't forget to enter the Simply Wrappers giveaway!! Who wouldn't want free and super cute cupcake wrappers for all the holidays coming up? 

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter