The best Mother's Day cards ever


Mother's Day came early at our house, because the kids were so excited to give me what they'd made. Also, as Dave excitedly noted by phone last night (he's been on a business trip this week), "It's less expensive to send flowers on Thursday!" OOOOOOOOOKAY. The roses are beautiful and it's the thought and counts that all, but I think maybe I didn't need that thought?

Bargain roses still smell as sweet

Max's card made me particularly happy because, well, you know. It said:

I think of all 
The things you do
And then I know why
I LOVE YOU

Everything I do for Max is selfless and unconditional, but it's nice seeing that in writing. Although I thought he loved me for my charm and good looks. 

I also got a Mom's Day plant from Max. With purple flowers, of course.

Sabrina's handiwork, also The Best Mother's Day Card Ever

She went with "You are the best mom in the world!" on her card. I am going to remind her of that the next time she has a meltdown when I won't let her do something. Actually, maybe I should just tape that to my forehead and walk around with it.

So there we were, enjoying Mother's Day on a Thursday night. Party in Mommy's bedroom! I let the kids crash in my bed, and then we played this hysterically weird game where we all took turns pretending we were crying in different voices, and then we jumped on the bed and ate string cheese. It was an awesome pre-celebration, and then I get to sleep late on Sunday. Wheeeee!

Hope you have a great Mother's Day! If you pay it forward to another special needs mom and leave a treat on her doorstep, I'd love to hear about it.

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter