It POURED rain today - so much so that I can see some small patches of grass! Could it be ... could Spring be on the way? Oh, I hope so. I may live in the land of ice and snow ... but I don't have to like it. ;)
Well, playing outside wasn't happening today, so we spent the day crafting (which I must admit, I totally prefer). Do you remember these READ letters I made for my classroom this summer? When I bought these letters, I also bought my daughters' initials. I had planned to do something with them AGES ago, but they got lost in my craft clutter in the basement. I found them a few days ago and knew exactly what I wanted to do with them.
I had a TON of buttons left over from making 100th day of school shirts for my girls, so we pulled out the buttons and the fun started from there. And just because it's March Break, the learning doesn't stop at home. My youngest girl was in charge of sorting colours, my middle girl was in charge of sorting by size, and my oldest was in charge of fitting the buttons on the letters. I got stuck with the glue gun again. But this time, I emerged unscathed!
LOVE them!
Happy Monday!!!
Trending Now
Popular
-
Happy post-Thanksgiving! And the winner of the $250 Toys "R" Us gift card is......SuZ, from Not Your Typical Mommy . Congratulations—I hope your little girl enjoys her Barbie Pow…
-
The Best DIY of the Summer?This past week the Etsy blog posted this fun zig-zag shorts diy that I keep thinking about. I'…
-
Art Show: The Passengers, Tina Berning"The Passengers", is a new solo show by Berlin artist, Tina Berning at gallery hanahou …
-
DIY Boxwood Mini WreathContributor post by Emily and Erick of Hello Home Shoppe If you're any bit like us and the prox…
-
$100 Kohl's gift card giveaway—and hot fall picksI think it was my friend Betsy the Bargain Fiend who first introduced me to kohls.com , sponsor of …
-
Friday LinksFrom the top: I'm in love with this beach photo of an abandoned building at Salton Sea, in Sou…
-
Are kids wired to like pickles? (And other deep thoughts on habits kids pick up from parents)I'm glad I shared Max's birth story this week. It was draining, but it was comforting to kn…