What do you do on a long weekend? Well, if you're a teacher, you plan, plan, plan ... (that being said, I did enjoy some fun family time, and got a bit of baking done, too).
I've been thinking ahead to my next math units. I'm doing geometry next (and I CAN'T WAIT to use the Angry Bird nets I found).
But then, after geometry, comes ... fractions. I spent some of my free time this weekend creating a new collection of cootie catchers to help my students review fractions. There are seven different cootie catchers included: reducing fractions, equivalent fractions, improper fractions, mixed numbers, converting to decimals, converting to percents, and comparing fractions. My students have almost come to expect some kind of new cootie catcher each month, so I think they'll be happy with these. I gave the cover page a new look, too. You can take a peek at my new Fraction Cootie Catchers by clicking on the picture to the right.
And ... just because I LOVE three day weekends ... want a chance to get a copy for FREE? Be one of the first 5 people to leave me a comment below with your email address, and I'll email you a copy.
Happy Monday!
Trending Now
Popular
-
Happy post-Thanksgiving! And the winner of the $250 Toys "R" Us gift card is......SuZ, from Not Your Typical Mommy . Congratulations—I hope your little girl enjoys her Barbie Pow…
-
Art Show: The Passengers, Tina Berning"The Passengers", is a new solo show by Berlin artist, Tina Berning at gallery hanahou …
-
The Best DIY of the Summer?This past week the Etsy blog posted this fun zig-zag shorts diy that I keep thinking about. I'…
-
Burger Cake, Fries and a Soda!Have you seen Lyndsay's burger cakes yet? They look like so much fun to make! Who wouldn'…
-
Dealing with the invisible disabilities of preemie babiesThis guest post is from Nick Hall, an amazing father who's behind Parents of Preemies Day ; th…
-
A Festive Afternoon CoffeeEarlier this week we hosted a little festive gathering at our place, (a casual afternoon get togeth…
-
DIY Boxwood Mini WreathContributor post by Emily and Erick of Hello Home Shoppe If you're any bit like us and the prox…
