I came across a new site a few days ago that I wanted to explore a little further - Zoo Burst. You can use Zoo Burst to create interactive pop-up books. I thought this would be a great tool to use on the SMARTboard. I signed up for a free teacher account, and it looks like teachers can create accounts for their students, too. They do have a premium account (not free), but the standard account lets you create books that are 10 pages long. Last night I came up with a neat idea about how I would use Zoo Burst.
I've seen some great posters about "In Our Class" floating around the blogs and pinterest. Oh' Boy Fourth Grade has a fantastic one!!! I thought I'd take that idea and create a pop-up book to show the students on the first day of school. Now, this book is still a work in progress, but I wanted to share this site with you. Click on the exclamation marks above the "characters" to read more on each page.
I think my students will have a lot of fun writing narratives with this site. I did this one pretty quickly, so with a little extra work and effort, the students should be able to create something excellent. Finished stories could be embedded on a classroom blog or website to share with parents. How fun is that!?!
Happy Tuesday!http://www.zooburst.com/
Trending Now
Popular
-
Happy post-Thanksgiving! And the winner of the $250 Toys "R" Us gift card is......SuZ, from Not Your Typical Mommy . Congratulations—I hope your little girl enjoys her Barbie Pow…
-
Art Show: The Passengers, Tina Berning"The Passengers", is a new solo show by Berlin artist, Tina Berning at gallery hanahou …
-
The Best DIY of the Summer?This past week the Etsy blog posted this fun zig-zag shorts diy that I keep thinking about. I'…
-
DIY Boxwood Mini WreathContributor post by Emily and Erick of Hello Home Shoppe If you're any bit like us and the prox…
-
A Festive Afternoon CoffeeEarlier this week we hosted a little festive gathering at our place, (a casual afternoon get togeth…
-
$100 Kohl's gift card giveaway—and hot fall picksI think it was my friend Betsy the Bargain Fiend who first introduced me to kohls.com , sponsor of …
-
Thank-you!!! It's like 212 Degrees!Oh my goodness - what started on Tuesday as an (almost) 300 Followers Celebration, has now official…