{Food Ideas} For Your Harry Potter Party

This weekend history is going to be made. Yes, that's right. Unless you've been living under a rock you know that the Harry Potter movies are coming to an end. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is coming to theaters July 15, marking the end of the Harry Potter movie series. Do I have my tickets yet, you ask? You betcha. My twin sister bought them for our group of Potter fans almost a month ago and we've been anxiously awaiting the big day.

To celebrate the event my totally awesome twin threw a Harry Potter party at her house. It was so cool and fun! We had all types of fun treats from the series and enjoyed some trivia as well. But first we all were sorted into houses for the tournament. I was put in Ravenclaw for my smarty brains and creativity. Or so I was told! Not sure if I believe it. And yes, my team totally won the trivia game. We missed one question. I'm still kicking myself for that one.

So you want to have a Potter party of your own? Great! Here are a few ideas to get that treat table at the party started. Have fun!

First of all, it wouldn't be a Harry Potter party without the proper attire:



Amber (the twin) went with the Gryffindor t-shirt and I decided to show my true colors with a "Muggle" t-shirt. No use hiding my identity!


You'll also want to download the awesome Harry Potter font to label the treats on your table. You can do that here.


Treat #1: Licorice Wands


I made these delicious little wands and they were a big hit! All you need is:
  • your favorite kind of licorice
  • some almond bark
  • a vase or something to display them
  • sprinkles, for show

    Heat about 3 squares of chocolate in a 2-cup glass measuring cup for 30 seconds, then stir. (I ended up using 3 oz of white and 3 oz of milk chocolate to make 40 wands.) Place the chocolate back in the microwave for another 30 seconds and stir again. If the chocolate hasn't melted quite yet put it in for another 10 seconds. When the chocolate is creamy, dip the licorice in about a third of the way (or how far you want to dip it) and place on wax paper. Sprinkle with different sprinkles if you'd like. The chocolate takes about an hour to cool completely. I wrapped a gold ribbon around each vase. The bottoms are filled with chocolate chips to make it easier to grab the licorice.

Treat #2: Cauldron Cakes

In this case my super cool twin made chocolate cupcakes and put a little lightning bolt on the top. If you want to take it a step or two further from cupcakes and make the real thing, you can find a recipe for Cauldron Cakes here.


Treat #3: Butterbeer
Our version of Butterbeer consisted of cream soda with a little bit of vanilla ice cream. Everybody loved it! It was so yummy. Of course there are other versions of Butterbeer that don't have ice cream in it, like the one found here.


Treat #4: Pumpkin Juice

If you're looking for another Harry Potter drink option, Pumpkin Juice is mentioned multiple times throughout the books and movies. You can find a recipe for it here.


Treat #5: Acid Pops

Roll sour suckers in Pop Rocks candy and you've got Acid Pops! (Idea found here.)


Treat #6: Chocolate Frogs

If I had thought to find a frog mold soon enough I would have made these for the party. Don't make the same mistake I did and order one here!
Fill the mold up with your favorite melted chocolate and allow to cool completely.


Treat #7: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans
We can't forget about these popular beans! Delicious yet dangerous, these beans can become a game in and of itself at your party. You can buy these at any grocery store.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter