Citrus Water Punch {aka Lemon Water}

There is something magical about this drink. It has the power to bring about the same response in every first-time partaker. Those who try it for the first time get that same surprised look on their face {expecting water but getting a refreshing sweet drink} then immediately ask what it is and how to make it. Never fails.

The fact that there are hardly any ingredients in this drink is magic in and of itself. I've seen this drink served at wedding receptions, family parties, baby showers, etc. And I love how it randomly keeps showing up. I still love that surprise first sip when I think I'm going for a glass of regular water. Mmmm.

Thanks to Mel's Kitchen Cafe for the picture! I'm not sure where this recipe originated, but I got it from my mom. And whoever came up with it is a genius. I hope it will work its magic on you and those you introduce it to!

Ingredients
  • 2 Tbsp. citric acid (If this has you confused and nervous, no worries. You can find it at most pharmacies and health food stores. Easy!)
  • 5 quarts of water
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. pure lemon extract
  • 3 sliced lemons (optional)
  • 3 sliced limes (optional)
  • crushed ice
In a large pitcher or punch bowl, stir water, sugar, citric acid, and lemon extract together. Add sliced fruit and ice. If you have leftovers, make sure you remove the lemons and limes before refrigerating. They will end up making the drink too acidic if left in.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter