Apple-Themed Bunting for Your Classroom

Mrs. Mc, over at Little Literacy Learners, posted about an adorable bunting site she had found yesterday.  So cute!  Which got me thinking ... I have this dropped ceiling section which runs all the way across my classroom.  A message made from bunting would be perfect there!  So ... I made some.  I painted one of my walls a deep red last year, and all my bulletin boards are done in bright orange.  I made the bunting to match my colours.  I uploaded the file to my TpT store yesterday, but I want to offer it to my fantastic followers (I was SOOOOO excited to wake up and see I had hit 190 followers - I wonder if I can make it to 200 today???).  I tried to upload it to google docs, but it didn't seem to copy the orange pattern inside the triangles - I tried a few different ways.  I'm still trying to figure the whole google docs thing out - I only uploaded my first file yesterday.  Anyhow, if you would like this file (alphabet, numbers, and punctuation), leave me a comment with your email address and I'll send it to you.

While I was making the bunting last night, I started thinking about spelling (I don't know why - I'm blaming it on how late it was).  Anyhow, I have the funniest story to share with you about the importance of spelling.  Two weeks ago, one of my former students asked me to proofread her valedictorian speech (grade 8 graduation).  In her speech she thanked her parents for "supporting and neutering us in these important years before highschool."  I chuckled and asked her to read the sentence for me.  Without pausing she read, "supporting and nurturing us in these important years ...".  LOL!  Gotta love spellcheck!  However, I must admit, what she wrote may not be such a bad idea ;).

Don't forget to vote for my blog in the Really Good Classroom Blogs Contest.  I've been nominated in the 5-8 category.  You need to vote for one blog in each category for your vote to register.  Thank-you!!!

Photobucket

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter