10 Things About Me ...

When I saw this cute linky party over at Go 4th with Mrs. Owens (great name, by the way), I wanted to join in the fun.  I'm pretty new at this whole bloggy thing, and I'm not sure I've ever taken the time to properly introduce myself.  I hope you enjoy ... here goes ...


Ten Things About Me ...

1.  I married my high school sweetheart – we’ve been together for 19 years and married for 9 (as of yesterday).

2.  Our third little girl was a “surprise!”  We found out I was pregnant about 1 hour AFTER my husband was … “fixed”.

3.  I danced from the age of 3 until I was 17.  LOVED IT!  During that time I had the opportunity to travel all around the world.  The highlight had to be dancing in Spain during World Expo ’92.

4.  I used to have an aversion to dollar stores.  Think it started when I worked at one for a year in high school (something about that smell).  I didn’t step in another until at least my 3rdyear teaching … needless to say, things have changed and I’m now completely addicted!

5.  I got my first teaching job right out of teacher’s college – (only supply taught for a grand total of 3 ½ days).  Ten years later, I’m still teaching at that first school (though I have changed grades).

6.  I keep a very neat and organized classroom – EXCEPT for a huge pile of books and papers that stack up on the shelf behind my desk – I clean it … really, I do – but I think it has a mind of its own.

7.  I do not keep a neat and organized house – again, I clean it … really, I do – but my three children seem to have a mind of their own.

8.  I hoard books.  All kinds of books.  It's my dream to have a library in house one day, and as soon as one of my girls moves out, I'm totally going to have one.  For now, I have piles stacked all around the house (see #7).

9.  I’m a total night owl – I usually go to bed around 2:00 am.  And I LOVE sleeping in – if I didn’t have a job … or children … I’d totally sleep until noon every day.

10.  I’m completely addicted to coffee – probably due to #9.  My current favourite purchase has to be my Keurig machine.   French vanilla coffee (with a splash of Bailey’s) … heaven!  Okay, so the splash of Bailey’s is a night time treat, and not part of my morning coffee routine … but some days I wish it was.

Well, that's about it ... that was kind of fun!  Thanks, Mrs. Owens!

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter