White Chocolate Crispies

I received the recipe for these delicious little things over the summer from my mother-in-law. My husband and I were preparing for a family reunion with my mom's family and I needed a treat to share with everyone. These were wildly popular! These krispies would make a great addition to your holiday treat plates for your neighbors. I thought about making these with holiday M&M's in them but haven't done it yet. So if anybody happens to give that a try, let me knwo how they turn out! A single batch makes about 40 crispies.
...
from the kitchen of
Julie Miller
...
Ingredients
2 pkgs white chocolate chips
4 c. rice crispies cereal
1 c. peanut butter (I use smooth, but crunchy would be good too)
3 c. mini marshmallows
1 medium bag of M&M's (optional but super amazing in these)
...

Directions
  1. Pour the white chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Melt these two ingredients together by turning on the microwave for one minute, stirring, then about 30 more seconds. Then stir again till everything is smooth and melted together. If it needs more melting, only put it back in for 30 seconds or so. (Chocolate becomes really hard if it is over-cooked. Just like with no-bake cookies.)
  2. Pour the marshmallows and cereal in a large bowl and mix them together. Then pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and marshmallow mixture. Stir everything together so marshmallows and cereal are coated. Pour in the desired amount of M&M's you would like. I usually dump in at least half the bag! They're SO good in there, and you can be the judge of how much you would prefer in there. (The marshmallows are meant to be whole in these treats so don't expect them to melt.)
  3. As like no-bake cookies, drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto wax paper and allow them to cool.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter