How did pregnancy treat you?

Michelle and Jake in Brookville, New York; Baby Megan born 8 lb., 1 oz.

There's a new book out, Ripe, that consists entirely of nude portraits of pregnant women. The author, Alex Garbarino, is a friend of a friend and she sent me a copy. I paged through it, enjoying the beautiful bodies and kinda-sorta wishing I were pregnant again.


Deborah in New York City; Baby Remy born 6 lb., 2 oz.

Max was my first pregnancy, and it was a great one. I think in my my I've glorified it even more because what happened after he was born was such a hell. My pregnancy seems like pure bliss in comparison. Innocent, even, if you could call a pregnancy that.

I had good energy. I was in awe of my growing belly. I loved feeling Max kicking. Sometimes I'd just lie on the bed, watch the ripples and try to figure out which part of his was moving. My Sabrina pregnancy was easy and uneventful, too, though I got indigestion at the end (which she still gives me—girls!).

How did pregnancy treat you?

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter