What's big and purple and making Max very thankful?


Max's teacher thought to ask the kids in class what they're grateful for, and this is what Max said. Conspicuously missing: the color purple, the color brown, chocolate ice-cream, Sabrina and Daddy. Daddy noticed. "Hey, what's up with that?" Dave wanted to know. I couldn't answer, but I'm glad to have made the grade.

I hadn't yet shown Max his big surprise when he created it, otherwise I suspect it would have made it on there. I spent the week scrambling to get it together. Big hint: Sabrina recently got one, and Max coveted it.


Yes, a Big Boy Bed. With purple bedding. And a new pair of purple pj's, just because I wanted him to be out of his head with purple happiness. "EEEEEEET!" Max said, pointing out that they had feet.

The bed's nice and low because we used a bunkie board instead of a box spring. I'd never heard of one before, it's basically a hard board covered with fabric. It works.

Max is totally able to clamber in and out of the bed, unassisted. He feel asleep feeling very grateful last night.


Happy, happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter