'Tis the season to deal with teacher and therapist presents


It started the second week in November, when I got a note from the parent group at Sabrina's school asking if I wanted to give a chunk of change toward communal teacher gifts.

First thought: Wow, they're asking for a lot.

Second thought: Woo hoo, now I won't have to deal.

I gave the chunk of change.

I find it easy to buy gifts for the kids and Dave, but juggling the presents for the kids' teachers and Max's therapists, not so much. I tend to do gift cards.

Last year, I gave out a lot of these $9.99 Conair Hang On Shower Radios from Bed, Bath & Beyond. This year, I've got some fresh ideas thanks to an event at New York City's Fill -R- Up, a shop that specializes in gift baskets (you can order online, and they ship everywhere). The owner, Amanda, showed off stuff in the store and had these suggestions for teacher presents: nice notepads, cute mouse pads or clipboards (personalized, if you can swing it); candles with initials; gift cards in a little cosmetic case (fancier than just a gift card).

I think all teachers work their butts off; I got a taste of what they do when I taught Sunday school in college. You had to be totally O-N and energetic to engage the kids. (Being hung over really didn't help; neither did being in school on a Sunday.) Anyway, I stand in awe of my kids' teachers. But I have special awe for Max's, and for his therapists.

What sort of stuff are you giving to the kids' teachers/therapists?

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter