I am so not superwoman. Woo hoo!

The Thanksgiving after Max was born, we started a new tradition: getting our meal from Whole Foods. I was just too overwhelmed with juggling Max's therapies, work and the anxiety to make a big meal for our family. I didn't care about being superwoman; I just wanted to get by and try to relax with family.

Ever since, we've done Whole Foods for Thanksgiving. Sometimes, I make sides, or the family brings some, but we always get the turkey and stuffing from the store. In previous years, I've even used plastic plates (OK, the fancy kind but still, plastic). This year, I did haul out our wedding china. It had dust on it.

Once again, not cooking (and this year, I literally did not make a single thing except folded napkins) enabled me to just enjoy the day with my family. It's sort of become my attitude toward life: I will try to get away with the minimum to be able to enjoy the kids, Dave, my family and life in general to the max (yeah, like this blog used to be called).

Here's my mom and my niece Margo, who isn't yet aware she has an aunt who doesn't cook, but I am sure my sister will break it to her sooner or later. My mom actually prefers Whole Foods over my cooking because she is a smart lady.

Dave does the carving thing. He's great at it; I should hire him out.

How about you guys—did you go all out for Thanksgiving? I'm off to pick at some leftovers. Stuffing, anyone?

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter