Who's more emotional about your child: you or your husband?



I was in Babies 'R Us recently to pick up some stuff for Max. It's not a trip I enjoy; when I'm there, I think about the fact that Max is almost 7 and he still needs baby-ish paraphernalia like Bibsters, cloth bibs, those plastic bowls with suction-cup bottoms.

The nice woman behind the checkout counter struck up a conversation about what a great invention the Bibsters are. She has a one-year-old, and I was sort of praying she wouldn't ask how old my kids were, I just didn't want to get into it. She didn't.

As I left the store, it occurred to me that I should just send Dave to get this stuff. He wouldn't think twice about it. He doesn't think twice about any care or help Max needs. I've mentioned before that sometimes, feeding Max stresses me out, part of which has to do with the fact that I get unnerved that my little boy has trouble eating. Not Dave. He cheerfully feeds Max all the time.

Sometimes, it feels like this disconnect between us, me getting all emotional about certain things, Dave being matter of fact. But that's also what balances us out.

What's the balance in your relationship? Who's the more emotional one?

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter