Gratitude



Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and not just because I get to eat lots and lots of stuffing. I love it because it's a no-pressure holiday where you can hang with your family, enjoy each other's company and zone out in a communal tryptophan stupor. Thanksgiving is also right around my birthday, this year it's on Friday. No need to send presents. Or stuffing.

Anyway, I feel like I have a lot to be thankful for this year, especially with Max. I'm grateful for...

...the sound of "OHMMMY"—hearing Max call me that thrills me every single time...the stem cell transplant...Max's determination to try, try and try again, no matter how difficult the task may be...the Little League Challenger Division...the color purple...Max's bright eyes...his ability to turn on a computer by himself and navigate a game...his recognition of how to spell his name and pronounce the letters M-A-X...his growing comprehension in every area...his newfound ability to climb and descend stairs, with only a little help...his singing, another new skill...his love for chocolate ice-cream, which he asks for by name...his blossoming independence in every area...his big, slurpy, open-mouthed kisses...the fact that he has proved those pessimistic doctors wrong, wrong and WRONG. Oh, if they could see him now.

What's on your gratitude list about your kids?

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter