Another totally mortifying Mommy moment



It's Sunday morning. Sabrina and I have just whipped through Target, and now we're on a crowded checkout line. She's sitting in the shopping cart holding my big, brown slouchy purse; I've let her rummage through it to pass the time and prevent her from eyeballing the candy for sale.

"MOMMY, what is this?!"

She's holding up a tampon, holding it up high as if she is the Statue of Liberty raising her torch.

"It's for mommies," I mutter, and make a grab for it. Only she moves it out of my reach. I had no idea she could move that fast.

"MOMMY, what's it for?"

I manage to grab the thing and shove it back into my purse. Only now Sabrina is having an epiphany.

"OHHHHHHHHHH, MOMMY, I see you in the bathroom using that!"

I look down and try hard not to make eye contact with anyone standing nearby. Then I start giggling.

"MOMMMY, what's so funny?"

It takes forever to get to the checkout line.

Photo by StaceyRebecca

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter