C is for Celebrate



The most amazing thing has been happening: Max is recognizing letters. His occupational therapist at school wrote to tell me that she drew some letters on the ground with sidewalk chalk and Max clearly said a "C." This gives me hope, real hope, that he will be able to read. If this had happened years ago, I would have immediately called the OT and thrown a barrage of questions at her—do you think this means he'll be able to read? Have you worked with other kids like Max who took a long time to learn the alphabet but were eventually able to read? Back then, I desperately wanted someone to have a crystal ball. Now, I savor his progress and try not to read too much into it.

The speech is coming along, too. Consonants remain tough, but he has a pretty distinctive "Mommy's home!" that he says when I walk in through the door at night. Those have to be the two best words ever.

The kids are off on spring break next week, I'm not, though next month we are taking them on a Disney cruise. It's coming in handy for threats ("Pick up the toys or you're not going on the cruise!").

Happy Easter, Happy Passover, Happy Spring!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter