OK - may I just state right now how very jealous I am of all of you who have time off this week. Canadian Thanksgiving seems like it was so very long ago ... and December 23rd seems so very far away ... <sigh>.
At least it's almost a four day week this week - today was a PD day, so no kiddies today. We spent ALL day in PD for assessment - assessment for, as, and of learning. Did I say ALL day ... <sigh again>.
Anyway, why should I have all the fun - I have a little PD day present for you. (I must state for the record now, in case anybody from my board should read this, I DID NOT create this during my PD day. Of course I was a model student student ALL day ;). I'm simply offering this on the day that just so happens to be a PD day). There, all done - see, I'm a good girl.
So I know most of you are dreaming of turkey and Thanksgiving sales, but I already have visions of sugarplums dancing in my head when I go to sleep. LOVE Christmas! So, I made up a fancy little Christmas product to get my students in the mood, too. We've been doing a lot of problem solving in class lately, and although we're getting better, we've still got a ways to go. This activity contains 14 different word problems, displayed on Christmas paper. I'm going to use the ELMO to display a different one each day of December, and let my students to work in pairs to solve the problems. The pairs will complete their solution on large chart paper, and then we'll post them. That way we can discuss the different strategies students used to solve the problems. Oh, did I mention that this one is FREE?!? Just click here, or on the picture to download your own copy. ENJOY!
Happy Monday!
Trending Now
Popular
-
Happy post-Thanksgiving! And the winner of the $250 Toys "R" Us gift card is......SuZ, from Not Your Typical Mommy . Congratulations—I hope your little girl enjoys her Barbie Pow…
-
Art Show: The Passengers, Tina Berning"The Passengers", is a new solo show by Berlin artist, Tina Berning at gallery hanahou …
-
The Best DIY of the Summer?This past week the Etsy blog posted this fun zig-zag shorts diy that I keep thinking about. I'…
-
DIY Boxwood Mini WreathContributor post by Emily and Erick of Hello Home Shoppe If you're any bit like us and the prox…
-
Dealing with the invisible disabilities of preemie babiesThis guest post is from Nick Hall, an amazing father who's behind Parents of Preemies Day ; th…
-
A Festive Afternoon CoffeeEarlier this week we hosted a little festive gathering at our place, (a casual afternoon get togeth…
-
Thank-you!!! It's like 212 Degrees!Oh my goodness - what started on Tuesday as an (almost) 300 Followers Celebration, has now official…
